Monday, April 5, 2010

A Sunday I Won't Forget

I wanted to share with you all a note from my pastor. A note that describes what God did yesterday in the life of my church. A God who is BIG, and a Spirit that is still performing miraculous things! This Sunday, I got to see God show up through His people's response to Him! It brought me to tears to be a small part of His BIG story!

From my pastor....Today was an epic day. We hosted 1,150 people, witnessed 45 baptisms, and in general, worshipped our guts out. All told, Good Friday and Easter combined, we hosted nearly 2,000 people this weekend. We saw fathers helping baptize their daughters, mothers helping baptize their sons, and some receiving Jesus for the first time. Some of the highlights included: (1) A pastor's wife, getting re-baptized for the first time as a lover of God. (2) One of the gals in our band's choir left mid-song to get dunked. (3) An eight year old, whose parents just worked through a challenging season following adultery, was dunked by her dad. (4) A former drug, alcohol, gang-banger and now three-week old Christian got baptized. (5) A former "drug-addicted, lying, adulterous, nearly-divorced husband now reconciled w/ his wife" got baptized. (6) A gal who asked a friend last minute if she could attend the Good Friday service, ended up receiving Jesus and becoming a Christian. (7) And the fact that over 45 people were baptized on Easter Sunday! He is Risen indeed! Amen!

Again, I left Easter Sunday in awe of what God does. In awe that He does what He says He will-that He takes out hearts of stone and puts in hearts of flesh.

And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes...(Ezekiel 36:26-27)

He does it. He creates anew. He initiates. He does miracles. He is GOOD, He is FOR His children, He is BIG and He cannot be stopped. What a glorious Sunday it was. And all this because Jesus is RISEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment