Sunday, March 21, 2010

Piper and Pipes?

Well, when Spurgeon and others in the past used a pipe while they contemplated the glories of God in the face of Jesus, they were able to be still and silent before the Lord, dwelling on the deep truths of Scripture, the glories of God and His Son Jesus.

However this might look in your own life, I would encourage you to be quiet before the Lord, figure out what that looks like for you, and enjoy being exhorted and challenged by God "making much of you" as He ultimately makes much of Himself!

HERE is the link to Piper's recent sermon at Mars Hill Church on this very topic. All I can say is it makes me look small (right where I should be) and reminds me of how BIG my God really is! Please, please take the time to listen to this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment